Do you know someone who can’t resist eating the spiciest foods? Perhaps it’s someone who also enjoys tasting different spicy sauces as often as possible. Well, if you want to get them a gift for a birthday or special occasion but you aren’t sure what to get them, why not give them a hot sauce sampler?
A good hot sauce sampler will have a variety of sauces in one convenient little package. These can vary in flavor, heat, and intensity, so you will have plenty of new options to try, and you never know what hot sauce will become your new favorite.
Not all hot sauce samplers are created equal, though, so it’s wise to take your time as you shop. The last thing you want to do is buy a set of sauces that are just too hot and lacking in flavor. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of the top hot sauce samplers that we could find. Consider any of the following for yourself or for someone you care about.
Top Pick Best Bottle Design: The General’s Hot Sauce Triple Threat
If you are looking for a hot sauce sampler with fun shaped bottles, this one might be exactly what you want. It is a set of three bottles, each shaped like a grenade, and each boasts a different flavor.
These hot sauces are made by a veteran owned company that donates to help military families, and they use American grown peppers to create their products. Plus, in every bottle, you’re getting mostly peppers rather than other ingredients–86% peppers, to be exact. This means these sauces will be full of flavor and spice because they aren’t watered down with other ingredients like vinegar. Plus, this brand knows where their ingredients come from, and they control production from start to finish, including processing, aging, and bottling.
The three flavors included in this set are: Shock & Awe, which contains orange habaneros and has a citrusy taste; Dead Red, which is their signature product made from red cayenne peppers; and Grunt Green, which contains green cayenne peppers and has an earthy, tangy flavor.
- This set features small batch hot sauces that are made in the USA and contain natural ingredients.
- This set provides you with three different hot sauce flavors.
- These hot sauces are packaged in bottles that are shaped like grenades, so this set can make a fun gift for someone you care about.
- The price might be high for some customers, as you only get three bottles.
- Some reviewers complain about the design of the bottle when it comes to getting the sauce out.
Top Pick Best Set for Variety: BYOBHotSauce Hot Sauce Gift Set Pepper Challenge
What’s nice about this set is that you get 10 bottles of hot sauces that were created from 10 different peppers, so if it is variety that you’re after, this is a good place to start. And, when you consider the price, the price per bottle is surprisingly affordable too.
This set can make a great gift because you can use it as a game (yes, it even comes with rules you can follow) to climb the Pepper Pyramid. Basically, the sauces feature peppers with various Scoville ratings, so you can start with the mildest and then work your way to the hottest and most intense to see if you can handle it. Challenge your friends to see who can take the heat!
Another reason why this set can be convenient to have on hand is because you can choose the right hot sauce for whatever meal you are enjoying, whether you would prefer something that is mild, medium, hot, or very hot.
Every sauce in this set is made the same, but each contains a different type of pepper. Those peppers include: banana pepper, Anaheim pepper, red cayenne pepper, Carolina reaper pepper, ghost pepper, and more.
- This set gives you 10 bottles of different hot sauce flavors at an affordable price.
- This set includes sauces with Scoville ratings that range from 300 to 2,100,000.
- It comes with a game that you can play with your friends.
- Some reviewers claim that the sauces are not that hot.
Top Pick Best Hot Sauce Game: Ass Kickin’ Hot Sauce Challenge Book Of Pleasure & Pain
Another hot sauce sampler that can double as a fun game that you can play with your friends is this one from Ass Kickin’. It comes packaged in a box that is designed to look like a book. Open it up to find 12 bottles of hot sauce, along with instructions on the 12 challenges that you can try to complete to see if you can tolerate the heat.
Some of the flavors in this set include Chile Lime, Cajun, Wasabi, Sriracha, Roasted Garlic, Ghost Pepper, and more. The brand uses ingredients like cayenne peppers, habanero peppers, and jalapeno peppers to make these sauces. And some of them even have 1 million Scoville capsicum extract for ultimate heat.
Overall, this can make a great gift for the hot sauce lover in your life because it contains so much variety, it contains a range of sauces from mild to intense, and it is packaged in such a creative way.
- This hot sauce sampler set features a fun presentation in terms of how it’s packaged and the challenges included.
- These hot sauces are made in the USA, and they are made from fresh peppers.
- This set contains travel size bottles that are .75 ounces, so if you want larger bottles, this may not be the right sampler for you.
Best Variety: Cholula Hot Sauce Variety Pack
Cholula is a well-known hot sauce brand, and this pack of six sauces can give you the range of flavors and heat that you need when you want to add some kick to just about any meal. This company focuses on making hot sauces that can help enhance the flavor of what you’re eating, rather than hot sauces that merely burn your mouth or that have too much vinegar in them.
In this set, you will find the following internationally inspired flavors: Original, Green Pepper, Chipotle, Chili Lime, Chili Garlic, and Sweet Habanero. Packaged in nicely designed bottles, you get a good range of heat, too, with some sauces being on the mild end and others being super hot, but none of the flavors are overpowering.
This set comes in a gift box as well, so you don’t need to worry about taking care of presentation if you are going to be giving it as a gift to your favorite hot sauce enthusiast.
- The flavors in this hot sauce set are described as citrusy, smoky, tangy, signature, zesty, and sweet.
- Each bottle is 5 ounces, and you get six bottles in this set.
- These hot sauces are known for their perfect combination of flavor and heat.
- These hot sauces are vegan friendly, Kosher, and gluten free, as well as low in calories and sugar free.
- Because there are only six flavors, if you are looking for more variety, this set might be too limited.
Best Themed Hot Sauce Sampler: Torchbearer Sauces Hot Sauce Best Sellers Mini Bundle Set
If you are looking for a hot sauce sampler with a fun theme, check out this one by Torchbearer Sauces, which is all about zombies. The three flavors in this set are: Zombie Apocalypse, which features habaneros and ghost peppers; Garlic Reaper, which has flavors of citrus and garlic; and Son of a Zombie, which combines Honey Garlic, Chipotle BBQ, and Zombie Apocalypse.
While the Zombie Apocalypse flavor is extremely hot, Garlic Reaper will create a slow burn that comes on in a delayed fashion, and Son of a Zombie can be used on a variety of foods to add some extra heat.
This set can make a great gift, or you might opt to purchase it for yourself if you’re in the mood to try new hot sauces that are made in the United States with natural ingredients. These sauces are also extract-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- This set contains three bottles of hot sauces that have distinct flavors.
- These bottles come packaged in a nice box, so they are ready for gifting.
- The bottles in this set are small (1.7 ounces), so that’s something to consider before you buy.
Best Organic: Fuego Spice Co. 3-Pack Gift Set
Want to get to know the sauces produced by Fuego Spice Co.? Well, this 3-pack can be a good place to start because it features their award-winning trio.
The flavors in this set include Riza, Hot Hive, and Zana. Riza is their ghost pepper verde sauce that contains ingredients like organic kale and tomatillos, ghost peppers, and jalapeno-infused vinegar to create a medium to hot heat level. Hot Hive is a handcrafted spicy honey that contains ingredients like organic apple cider vinegar and honey, and its heat is mild to medium. Zana is a habanero hot sauce that contains ingredients like fresh habaneros and organic garlic, with a heat level that’s mild to medium.
- This sampler contains some of the most popular flavors from this brand, and they come packaged in a nice looking box.
- The flavors are unique, so this is a great option if you’re looking for something different.
- These hot sauces contain organic ingredients.
- Only one of the flavors in this set is medium to hot in terms of heat, so if you are looking for really spicy hot sauces, this sampler might disappoint.
- The price might be a little high for some customers, considering you only get three bottles.
Things to look out for:
When shopping for a hot sauce sampler, there are some things that you can keep in mind as you browse your options and what they have to offer. For example, we recommend considering the following:
There are a lot of hot sauce makers out there, but some are creating better quality sauces than others. Look into a brand if you aren’t familiar with them so you can get to know them better.
For instance, if you care about the quality of the ingredients and the ethics of the company, it’s wise to find out where they source their ingredients from, and whether or not they use organic or Fair Trade ingredients. Or, you might want to find out if they make their sauces in small batches to help ensure freshness and quality in the products they sell.
Beyond that, you can also check other details, such as how long they have been in business, where they are located, how they make their sauces, and what their customer service is like in case you aren’t happy with a product you purchase from them.
Some people prefer hot sauces that are super hot, while others prefer those that are on the mild end of the spectrum. This is something to consider if you have a strong preference for one type of heat. Read descriptions carefully to figure out what a hot sauce sampler will give you in terms of flavors and Scoville units. On the other hand, if you like to experiment with more variety, you have even more flexibility when it comes to finding samplers that provide a diverse range of products you’ll love.
When it comes to ingredients in hot sauces, knowing what types of peppers you prefer can also be helpful. For example, do you prefer habanero or cayenne? This can help steer your decision-making as you shop. And don’t forget to check the other ingredients that are in a sauce, too, as doing so can help you get a better idea of what it will taste like.
Finally, there’s price and packaging. Do you care about having a nice presentation or useful packaging that you can keep and reuse? And how much are you willing to spend, as some specialty hot sauce sets can be surprisingly pricey.
Photo credit: AtlasStudio/Shutterstock