Grilling is a healthy way to cook and helps maintain your food’s nutrition value. It’s also a wonderful social activity. Kabob grilling baskets make BBQing veggies, meats, and fish so much easier than stringing them on skewers. You can get the same great flavor as with skewers without all the time-consuming hassle and mess.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular kabob grilling baskets on the market today.
This set of four stainless steel kabob grilling baskets includes three grilling skewers, and is perfect for BBQing everything from veggies to jumbo shrimps and, of course kabobs.
Simply dice or otherwise cut up your meat, fish, seafood, etc., and then place them in the baskets for grilling. Or use the skewers if you prefer!
Each grilling basket is made from food grade, heavy-gauge, safe and durable 420 steel. They each have a lid that latches shut so the food stays in the basket. The grids on the baskets are spaced out a reasonable amount to allow even heating of your food.
The baskets measure 17 x 2 x 2 inches and weigh just over two pounds. They are portable, reusable, and easy to use. The stainless steel cages have a non-stick coating which makes it easy to remove food after grilling.
Each basket has a wooden handle which makes it easy to turn them when you need to.
- Set includes four kabob grill baskets and three skewers
- Made from food grade, heavy-gauge, safe and durable 420 stainless steel
- The baskets are portable, reusable, and easy to use
- They have a non-stick coating for easy removal of food after grilling
- Each basket has a lid that latches shut
- Each basket has a wood handle which makes it easy to turn as needed
This set includes four kabob grilling baskets and two metal BBQ skewers. Use it to grill your veggies, jumbo shrimps, any kind of diced meat you prefer, including kabobs.
The baskets are made of heavy-gauge, steel construction and the skewers are made of 420 food grade stainless steel. The baskets measure 17 x 2 x 2 inches and the skewers are 16 inches long.
Simply pop your ingredients in the baskets and you’re ready for grilling. No need to impale your meat and veggies on a skewer (although you certainly can if you wish). Each basket features a side closure that locks into place, so you won’t lose any of your onion chunks or other important ingredients.
The handles are wooden, for comfort in your hand. They make it easy to turn the baskets when you need to.
Each basket is quick and easy to use, and non-stick, which means no mess either. To make the baskets even more mess-free, spray with a light coat of oil before using them. The baskets and skewers are easy to clean – simply wash by hand.
One drawback some users have noticed is the baskets may pop open during grilling. Also, the wood handle can get hot and will scorch if it gets too close to the flame. In addition, the baskets need to be hand washed, whereas regular kabob sticks can simply be put in the dishwasher.
- Set includes four kabob grill baskets and two metal BBQ skewers
- Baskets are made of heavy-gauge, steel construction
- Baskets feature a side closure that locks into place
- Handles are wood, which makes it easy to turn the baskets as needed
- Baskets are non-stick
This set includes four kabob grilling baskets. Each basket is made of 18/8 304 food grade stainless steel, and their handles are made of oak. Use this to BBQ all your favorite chicken, meat, and veggies. The set also includes a variety of grilling tools.
Each basket measures 20 x 2 x 1.5 inches and weighs three pounds.
The grill grates have a durable stainless steel lock, which keeps your food in place while grilling. When food is locked in, it is easy to flip over. The grills are sturdy and will firmly hold your food without bending or breaking. The grills are nicely spaced so as to allow even heat distribution.
The baskets will make sure your food does not drop into the BBQ while grilling.
The handles are long and foldable, and also removable.
- Set includes four kabob grilling baskets
- Each basket is made of 18/8 304 food grade stainless steel
- Grill grates have durable stainless steel lock which keeps food in place
- Grills are nicely spaced to allow even heat distribution
- Oak handles are long, foldable, and removable
This is a set of four kabob grilling baskets. Throw in your loose veggies, fish, chicken, meat, or fruits for a wonderful BBQ experience. They will be safe in the grill basket, and not fall out into the grill.
Each basket is made of heavy-gauge steel and it has a wooden handle for comfort and easy use. You can use it not just on a BBQ but also in a smoker.
The design of the grill baskets allows for full and even cooking, and allows a natural smoky flavour to unfold. The grill grid is perfectly spaced apart to allow excellent heat distribution. This can save you a lot of time.
The grill locks into place which not only keeps the food firmly inside, but allows you to easily flip the basket on the BBQ when you need to. Each grill basket measures 17 x 1.8 x 1.5 inches.
The basket is covered with a non-stick coating. Food will easily fall away, and then all you need to do is soak it in soapy water and then put it in the dishwasher.
- Set of four kabob grilling baskets
- Each basket is made of heavy-gauge steel and covered in non-stick coating
- Design allows for full and even cooking with a smoky flavor
- Grill grid is perfectly spaced apart for excellent heat distribution
- Grill locks into place which keeps food firmly inside
- Wooden handle for comfort and easy use
This set of four grilling baskets also comes with four BBQ skewers and two BBQ brushes. Grill all your meat, fish, shrimp, and veggies using this set! It is perfect for outdoor camping and family gatherings.
Simply brush on a layer of cooking oil, put your food in the basket, affix the lid to the basket, and start grilling. Your food will not move or fall out, and it will be heated evenly. You can use these baskets on charcoal, gas, smoke, and infrared grills.
The baskets measure 19 x 2 x 1.4 inches, which is large enough to hold a variety of foods at one time, and the skewers are 14.4 inches long. You can use the basket with or without the skewers.
Each basket is made of stainless steel and has a wooden handle. The skewers are made of 430 stainless steel and the brushes are food grade.
The baskets are not just easy to clean but they can also be put in the dishwasher!
- Set of four grilling baskets, four stainless steel BBQ skewers, and two BBQ brushes
- Baskets are made of stainless steel and have a wooden handle
- Brushes are made of food grade silicone
- Baskets come with lids that attach and keep your food in place
- Food will heat evenly while in the grilling basket
- Baskets are dishwasher safe
About kabob grilling baskets
If you love firing up the BBQ, you’re probably one who enjoys making kabobs. These are an easy grilling staple, which you can make with veggies, steak, shrimp, chicken; the sky’s the limit. Kabobs are simple yet versatile, and a great way to feed a crowd.
However, it is time consuming to thread the ingredients on a stick and take them apart later. And it’s all a bit messy, no doubt.
Well, now you can put those kabob ingredients in a handy grilling basket, throw that on the BBQ, and have all the flavor without the mess and hassle of threading skewers.
Kabob baskets are generally quite sturdy and help avoid having your food fall into the grill. They are made of steel wire with handles. The baskets have lids you can lock shut, to hold your food in firmly while you are grilling.
Grilling baskets come in different sizes and shapes, although they usually look like long rectangles, basically the shape of a kabob. Some grilling baskets are flatter than others. Most have non-stick coatings so the food you’ve grilled will slide off easily.
The handles make it easy to flip the grilling basket and its ingredients easily. Most handles are made of wood, which will stay cool longer than metal. Some handles are detachable.
Using a kabob grilling basket
When cooking kabobs, first marinate your ingredients. If you are making shrimps, toss them in a spicy butter sauce. When preparing your ingredients to be grilled, make sure to chop them all to the same thickness. This will help ensure every piece of veggie or meat is cooked properly and evenly.
Chop your ingredients into pieces large enough not to fall through the grates of your grill basket. Then arrange your ingredients in the grilling basket so they are one layer thick.
Place the grilling basket on the BBQ so the wooden handles hang outside the grill. This helps keep the handle away from the heat and avoids scorching the wood. Still, you should always make sure to use an oven mitt when touching the handle. Flip the basket over as needed.
To clean your kabob grill basket, hand wash with a mild dishwashing soap. Rinse and dry immediately. Do not scrub with metal. Some grill baskets can be put in the dishwasher. Once the cleaning and drying is done, periodically apply some mineral oil. This will help protect and season the wood.
How to grill kabobs perfectly
Here are a few more tips to make the best use of your kabob grilling basket:
- Brush your ingredients with oil (vegetable or olive) before placing them in the grill basket
- Preheat your grill before putting your grill basket on it; medium heat around 375 is ideal, anything higher may make your meat tough or burn it
- Grill with the basket on one side about the same amount of time as the other side
- Cook meat about 12 to 15 minutes; fish and veggies about 10 minutes
- If cooking eggplant, cut into wedges, and brush with olive oil before grilling
- If grilling mushrooms, first marinate in olive oil before grilling
- If you are grilling potatoes, first boil them and then head to the grill; otherwise it will take forever to grill your potatoes
Photo credit: Rimma Bondarenko/Shutterstock