What is a wine valet? Well, there are different kinds. One is a sort of wine tote bag that you can use to carry around bottles to your destination. The other is a type of stand where you can display your wine bottles at home. This article will focus on the wine tote variety.
A wine valet/tote is a handy accessory that you can grab and go, allowing you to keep your wine bottles close at hand. Use it to bring a few extra bottles home from your wine tour, or to bring some bottles of your favorite brand to a friend’s soiree. Let’s take a look at some of the more popular wine valets/totes available on the market today:
This wine valet/tote is perfect for travelling between wineries or taking on a picnic. It is practical and can hold two 750 mL wine bottles plus accessories. It is waterproof and thermally insulated with extra thick PE foam padding, to keep your wine at the optimal temperature for hours. You can add ice to keep things chilled, too.
It is made of high grade, handmade PU leather, with fabric sections, and comes available in a multitude of color options. The combination of leather and fabric makes the bag sturdy yet flexible. It is lightweight, which is important when you are carrying bottles of wine.
This bag is comfortable to sling over your shoulder and has an adjustable strap. Inside, there is a movable divider to keep your two bottles separated and safe. The bag has a front pocket equipped with elastic tape that holds your bar tools in their spot. On the back, there is another large pocket with a two-way zipper.
One drawback is parts of the bag are made of fabric. If it was constructed entirely of leather, it would look more elegant.
- Wine valet/tote made of high grade, handmade PU leather
- Holds two 750 mL wine bottles plus accessories
- Waterproof and thermally insulated with extra thick PE foam padding
- Lightweight, sturdy, and flexible
- Has movable divider to keep wine bottles separated
- Has front pocket with elastic tape to keep bar tools in place
- Leather and fabric combination might not appeal to everyone
This wine valet/tote bag is perfect for bringing to events, picnics, the pool or beach, and more. It is stylish and trendy, cute and compact. It looks like a large purse and will easily conceal your wine bottles.
It can hold two bottles of wine. Alternately, it can store one bottle of wine and two tumblers at the same time. It is lightweight, so it won’t wear you down when you are already carrying heavy bottles.
The bag is insulated, with thick padding, and will keep your wine cold for a long period of time. There are numerous pockets on the bag where you can store your wine bottle opener, aerator, and other tools. The straps are adjustable for a perfect fit, and the bag has a handy carry handle.
It is made of high-quality polyester, which is durable and long lasting. It will stand up well to the elements if you are using it outside.
As an added bonus, this tote bag includes two stainless steel, stemless wine glasses. The cups are pretty and durable. The set – wine valet/tote and glasses – come delivered with a nice little satchel.
One drawback is the cute metal logo on the front of the bag tends to fade over time. Also, some parts of the bag can get scratched easily.
- Stylish, trendy, cute, lightweight, and compact wine valet/tote
- Insulated, with thick padding, to keep wine cold for a long time
- Holds two bottles of wine, or one bottle plus two tumblers
- Durable and made of high-quality polyester
- Has carry handle, adjustable straps, and numerous pockets to store wine tools
- Includes two stainless steel, stemless wine glasses and a little satchel
- Metal logo on front of bag fades over time
- Various parts of the bag can get scratched easily
This wine valet/tote bag is a great one to bring on picnics or to the beach! It is compact and easy to carry around. It has a classic yet stylish canvas design and comes in a variety of cute colors. It features three layers of insulation and padding to keep your wine bottles chilled and protected.
It fits two 750 mL bottles of wine, and the fit is quite snug. The padded divider helps keep the bottles firmly in place while you are transporting them. If your wine is carbonated, they will be kept stable in this bag, and will not be shaken much during transport.
The bag is made of high-quality 600D polyester, which ensures maximum durability. The trim on the bag is made of leather, for an elegant touch.
It has a handy, adjustable, padded strap and a carry handle, so you can transport this bag by hand or over your shoulder. It also has a convenient front pocket where you can store your bar tools or other accessories, or an ice pack.
It comes with a handy corkscrew opener.
One drawback is the bag is taller than many other wine valets/totes, which might affect how comfortable it is to carry around.
- Classic, stylish, and compact wine tote/valet
- Features three layers of insulation to keep wine bottles chilled
- Has padded dividers to protect wine bottles and keep them stable during transport
- Fits two 750 mL wine bottles snugly
- Made of high-quality polyester for durability, with elegant leather trim
- Has adjustable padded strap, carry handle, front pocket, and corkscrew opener
- Taller than other wine valets/totes, which could affect its comfort level
This wine valet/tote really does look like a tote bag. It is stylish and elegant, and comes in a variety of colors like royal blue, pink, black, and funky designs, including a paisley pattern. It easily holds two bottles of wine with lots of room to hold your bar tools, ice pack, phone, laptop, etc. The bag has a hidden, insulated compartment to keep your wine bottles chilled, snug, and secure.
This tote comes with one particularly unique feature: a spout for pouring wine directly from the bag! Simply pour some of your wine into the beverage pouch, and then press the spout on the front of the bag to serve. Once you are finished, you can simply cover the faucet with the handy cover, and no one will know it’s there. The pouch is BPA-free and both it and the spout are removable for cleaning.
The bag is made of high-quality canvas and has elegant, durable leather straps for easy transport. It has two tiny pockets on one side.
One drawback is the spout is sensitive. It should be checked regularly for leaks. Also, there are no zippered compartments for storing bar tools or other small items.
- Stylish and elegant tote bag, available in a variety of colors
- Unique – has a spout for pouring wine directly from the bag
- Roomy enough to hold two wine bottles, ice pack, tools, phone, laptop, etc.
- Hidden, insulated compartment keeps wine bottles chilled, snug, and secure
- Made of high-quality canvas, with durable, elegant leather straps
- Two pockets on one side
- Spout is sensitive and should be checked regularly for leaks
- No zippered compartments
This luxurious, stylish wine valet/tote is made with expert craftsmanship. It is constructed from high end bonded leather and has a spacious design that can hold two wine bottles or two larger bottles of champagne.
The soft lining and insulated padding protect the bottles from touching or breaking, and keep them chilled to just the right temperature.
The bag is easy to carry with its adjustable shoulder strap. The front secures shut with a leather loop and magnetic snap. There is also a side pocket that snaps shut, and a front pocket that closes with a zipper.
Also included is a stainless steel corkscrew.
One drawback is the high price.
- Luxurious wine valet/tote, made with expert craftsmanship
- Constructed from high end bonded leather
- Spacious – holds two wine bottles or two larger champagne bottles
- Soft lining and insulated padding keep bottles protected and chilled
- Easy to carry with adjustable shoulder strap; numerous pockets
- Includes stainless steel corkscrew
This wine valet/tote is great for travelling to your next wine tasting, or to the park or beach. It is stylish and trendy, and made of high-quality materials. It has a cute blue stripe motif which looks nautical, and there are other eye catching styles available. It can accommodate wine bottles, glasses, tumblers, and more.
This bag is leak-proof and has thick PE foam insulation to keep your wine chilled. The bottles and other contents are strapped in snugly, and the extra thick padding keeps them protected, even if you are travelling for a long distance. There is an internal padded divider to keep the bottles separated, and the divider is collapsible if you don’t need it.
The exterior is made of 600D polyester, which is sturdy and durable.
This tote is comfortable to carry over your shoulder using the strap, or by hand using the sturdy handle. It can also be folded up for storage.
One drawback is wider-mouthed bottles can be a tight fit.
- Stylish and trendy wine valet/tote, available in a variety of patterns
- Leak-proof and insulated to keep wine chilled
- Extra thick padding and collapsible divider keep contents protected
- Exterior made of 600D polyester for durability
- Comfortable to carry using shoulder strap or sturdy handle
- Bag can be folded up for storage
- Wider-mouthed bottles might be a tight fit
How to choose a wine valet/tote
There are so many different types and styles of wine valets/totes on the market, that it is hard to really know what to look for. Here are a few things to consider: material, size, organizational structure, compartments, and carrying straps/handles.
You have a wide assortment of materials to choose from. Classy materials like leather or suede are timeless and look stylish. They are great for upper class gatherings. More casual materials like canvas or neoprene are perfect to take to a party or picnic.
Eco-friendly materials are also available, such as vegan leather with cork accents.
Size and organizational style
The first thing to think about is how many bottles you want to carry at one time – one, two, or three. A one-bottle design is lighter and easier to carry, and provides tighter, more effective insulation. If you prefer to carry multiple bottles, make sure the bag has compartments or dividers so the bottles do not hit each other.
Size is also important when it comes to wine totes. If you are a taller person, you may want to choose a larger bag which will be more convenient and hold everything you need. Wine valets range in size up to 13 inches tall. Of course, if you are shorter, this might not work for you.
Next, consider whether you will be carrying additional food or tools. If so, make sure the tote has a few pockets or pouches. You can pack your cheese, knife, cutting board, maybe even glasses. These pouches and pockets work especially well if you are taking the tote on a picnic.
Carrying straps and handles
Here you have several options: shoulder straps, handles, or backpack style.
A carry handle is handy only if you are taking the tote very short distances, for example, from your car to a friend’s house. You can use the handle to carry the tote in one hand.
Shoulder straps are long and more suited to scenarios where you are not walking a long time carrying the wine tote. They are not comfortable slung over your shoulder for extended periods of time. Look for a wine valet that has adjustable straps and padding you can move around to enhance comfort.
If you expect to be walking for a long time carrying your wine tote, look for one that has a long, padded strap that goes over your chest, with the tote sitting at your hip like a messenger bag.
Another good choice if you are walking long distances is a bag with backpack-style straps. These will keep the bag evenly balanced across both shoulders.