Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
Prep time: 30minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 800g chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 head garlic
- 1 bunch large leaf spinach/cavolo nero
- 90g butter
- 100g flour
- 750ml milk
- 150g grated parmesan/gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp mustard
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 500g condensed chicken soup
- Parmesan cheese to top
- Preheat the oven to 150c
- Place the portobello mushrooms, garlic head, and some olive oil in tinfoil and wrap tightly, cook at 150c for 1 hour. Remove and slice the mushrooms, reserve the garlic head.
- Remove the thick stalks from the spinach/ cavolo nero, rip them up into smaller pieces.
- Warm the milk in a pot and season heavily, transfer to a jug.
- Place the butter and flour into the pot and cook over a high heat for 1min with a whisk, then pour in your…